Response – Are you running in next year’s LG Elections?
Category : General News
- Will you be running again for council at the 2020 election?
- Yes, I intend to run for Councillor at the next LG Elections.
- How and why have you come to this decision?
- After due consideration with my husband John, we believe that I have the energy, passion, knowledge, experience and community support to run in the 2020 elections. After receiving my Diploma of Local Government – Elected Members on Wednesday 23 October, I believe the investment is very beneficial and puts me in good stead to renominate.
- What would you label as your greatest accomplishment during the past term?
- My greatest accomplishment for the past term, is working as a respected and valued Somerset Team member. Obviously, as a Councillor, I need the support of my fellow Councillors to achieve outcomes that are desirable for our region. In saying this I am very supportive of our council’s accomplishments, although there may be a couple of matters that are dear to the community and me, but have not been successful. I have no issues with this fact, as time will prevail and I believe that these matters will eventually be supported.
- What will be the greatest challenge facing the council in the next term?
- I believe that Local Government generally will need to continue to work shrewdly and efficiently, to provide services that are required without excessive rate rises. Local Government must partner with State and Federal Governments to stretch every dollar that is made available to Local Government.
Somerset Regional Council [ABN 50 138 958 249]
a | 674 Kilcoy-Murgon Road, Kilcoy. QLD 4515
p | 0428 408 227
f | 07 5424 4099
e | firstname.lastname@example.org
facebook | https://www.facebook.com/www.cherylanngaedtkeforsomerset.com.au/