Cr Gaedtke encourages local non-profit community groups to consider the Container Exchange program
Category : General News
After attending a container exchange program workshop, Cr Gaedtke would like to encourage non-profit community groups to give some thought to joining the container exchange program. It was stated at the workshop how non-profit community groups in South Australia have received valuable funds from this initiative. Financial benefit can be extremely large, as examples given. The Queensland Container Refund Scheme will commence on 1 November 2018, and the advice from the facilitator was for non-profit community groups to discuss the scheme and to decide if their group is suitable and willing to take part. This initiative also includes schools, and Education Queensland has further information available.
What can non-profit groups do now?
- Register your community group or charity with the scheme online.
- Decide what kind of donation point you would like to be, eg. virtual, mobile, pop up.
- Approach a CRP and plan to set up your donation point.
- As CRPs are added to the network, they’ll be published online for NFPs to approach.
- More details on assistance will be announced on www.containerexchange.com.au
- Go to www.containersforchange.com.au for more information on the scheme.
For further information:
Visit www.containerexchange.com.au, phone 13 4CHANGE (13 4242) or email
Visit www.containersforchange.com.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org